If you think you have termites and you need to seek professional help from a NJ termite control service. NJ termite control service will send out an expert to your property to assess the termite infestation. Once the assessment is completed, the professional will calculate a customized plan to resolve your termite problem. Not every termite infestation is the same, so it requires a combination of termite treatments to eliminate the termites and provide your biggest asset the NJ termite control protection it needs.
Warning Signs To Watch for NJ Termite Control
Unless you’re a NJ termite control professional, you probably don’t know what the different warning signs are for detecting if you may have a termite problem. Here are a few indicators to watch out for:
- Hollow wood, if you tap or knock it and it sounds empty
- Cracked or bubbling paint can be caused by termite droppings.
- Evidence such as wings that are shed by the termites
- A swarm of winged insects flying around the soil of your home
NJ Termite Control Preventative Measure You Can Take
The biggest preventative measure you can take to protect your biggest asset from these wood munching pests is to eliminate all moisture problems as soon as they are detected. Moist wood is what the most common type of termite, subterranean, feeds on, so maintaining your small home repairs is a big way to keep certain subterranean termites away.
Here is some ways to eliminate moisture problems:
- Run water away from the foundation of the house
- Maintain gutters and down-spouts, keep them clean out
- Eliminate standing water, like on the roof
- Keep faucets, air conditioning units, and water pipes free from leaks
- Make sure to seal entry points for water around pipes and utility lines
However, if the moisture problems do lead to a termite infestation call a NJ termite control professional for an assessment of the damage.
Eliminate Food Sources
Removing the food source for the termite will eliminate the need for NJ termite control services. If the pests have nothing to eat, they cannot survive on your property. Make sure to take the following actions, so the termites don’t think they have a dinner invitation to your home:
- Put screens on any outside vents to your home, to limit access
- Remove stumps or wood debris on your property near your home
- Monitor wooden fences and decks for possible damages and repair
- Make sure that wood on your home doesn’t have direct contact with the soil
If you find that the termites have already picnicked on your unknowing food sources, an expert NJ termite control service can take care of the problem.
Two Types Of Termites
There are about 40 different species of termites in the U.S. Those 40 species can be broken down into two different categories: drywood termites and subterranean termites.
The drywood termites live and eat in dry wood. These termites can live in walls and furniture. They eat through the wood creating a tunnel. They are generally identified by the wood dust piles they leave.
The subterranean termites are the more common of the two termites. These termites build colonies in damp, loose soil and make mud tunnels to get to their food, which is above the ground surface. The mud tunnels is the tell tale sign of subterranean termites.
Regardless of the different type of termite, a NJ termite control service will get rid of your termite problem. The professional termite control service will not only solve your problem with a personalized termination plan, they will help you identify preventative measures, to avoid any future termite problems.